Opinion & Analysis
22 September 2014 - Ralph Figueiredo, Aurora IT
Twenty years ago, we had no idea of the ways in which a computer and the Internet would impact our lives. So it stands to reason that 20 years from now – perhaps even 5-10 years from now given how the technology curve has accelerated – we may find ourselves interacting with technology in remarkab... Continue...
22 September 2014 - Nicholas Colas, ConvergEx Group
Behavioral psychologists tell us animals of all sorts, including humans, do the same thing: Once they think they’ve learned the odds of a game through experience, they systematically favor riskier bets. So what do long periods of low volatility and stable returns, such as the past five years, ‘te... Continue...
22 September 2014 - Sol Steinberg, OTC Partners
Under the new global regulatory regime, financial institutions are incentivized more than ever before to manage liquidity to reduce risk exposure. But what exactly is liquidity, and how can investors measure its impact on risk and return? Continue...
19 September 2014 - Alexander Tabb, TABB Group
As the markets have become increasingly complex, the traditional sell-side order management system has failed to keep pace. In order to meet the intensifying demands of buy-side clients and regulators, the sell side must invest in innovative OMS technology that can handle new products and geograp... Continue...
19 September 2014 - Anna Barbashova, Numerix
Word on the Street has it that margin requirements for uncleared swaps could be 40 percent to 45 percent higher than for cleared transactions. This has the industry once again thinking about the importance of collateral optimization and the most effective ways to manage the risk associated with it. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
19 September 2014
18 September 2014
- Responsible Investing Is Smart Investing in the Debt Capital Markets (Principles for Responsible Investment , Fiona Reynolds)
- BlackDog: A Dynamic Stock-Bond Allocation Strategy (Lucena Research, Tucker Balch) A QuantFORUM story
- The Technology and Infrastructure Challenges of Scottish Independence (Colt, Hugh Cumberland)
17 September 2014
16 September 2014
- Scotland Votes: The double edge of independence (Catalyst Development, Shareque Husain-Syed)
- BlackRock Calls for Equity Market Structure Reforms (TABB Group, Les Kovach) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- The Multi-Asset OMS: In Search of a Few Good Traders (SunGard, Beau Alexander) 2 Comments
15 September 2014
13 September 2014
- Has MiFID 2 Already Failed? (ldn-capital, Neil Crammond)
12 September 2014
- Tartan Panic Hits Eurozone: The Celtic Rebellion Spreads South from the UK to the Eurozone (TABB Group, Rebecca Healey)
- Determinism Is the New Latency (Metamako, Dave Snowdon) 1 Comment
- Can the Big Wall Street Banks Really Control the Market? (FIX Trading Community, Courtney McGuinn) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Shining a Light on Fixed Income Dark Matter (Bondcube, Paul Reynolds) 8 Comments