Opinion & Analysis
21 November 2014 - Ralph Figueiredo, Aurora IT
There are several routes to Regulatory Compliance, but the journey has to include Data Classification. At the heart of becoming compliant, is an effective Data Security Strategy – which in the perfect world would keep our information assets safe from unauthorized access (aka Hackers and Data Thie... Continue...
21 November 2014 - Paul Rowady, TABB Group
The global financial crisis severely altered the field on which all market participants play. With efficiency now the name of the game, it’s high time to have a thoughtful debate about total cost of ownership for capital markets technology and data. TABB Group offers a basic framework, correspond... Continue...
21 November 2014 - Grigoriy Milis, Richard Fleischman & Associates
Firms increasingly are forced to take a hard look at the value at risk of the data with which they have been entrusted, and the struggle to find a balance between the ease of employee access to information and the security of the data contained on the firm’s network will define the technology tre... Continue...
21 November 2014 -
Moore’s Law, at least in principle, holds true for malware and attack methods as well as computing power. And cybercrime has exploded in recent years. Here are four questions you need to answer to protect your critical data. Continue...
21 November 2014 - Keith Maitland, Citihub Consulting
In passing Reg SCI 18 months after the rule was first proposed, the SEC acknowledged that, while it has become increasingly important to be more prescriptive in setting minimum standards for technology operations, being too prescriptive may be counterproductive. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
21 November 2014
- A New Era in Federal Regulation: CFTC Commissioner Giancarlo’s 6 Principles for Financial Market Regulation (CFTC Commissioner, J. Christopher Giancarlo) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
20 November 2014
- 5 Keys to the Future of Crowdfunding and Marketplace Lending as New Asset Classes (S. Jordan Associates, Scott Jordan)
- What I Learned at SEFCON 5 (Clarus Financial Technology, Tod Skarecky) Mastering Execution
- FTT: Stuck between a rock and a hard place (Fidessa, Anne Plested) Mastering Execution
- Reg SCI Does Not Go Far Enough (Themis Trading LLC, Joe Saluzzi) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 5 Comments
19 November 2014
- Overwhelmed by Regulation? You’re Not Alone (TABB Group, Larry Tabb) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Volatility, Regulation and HFT Still Grip Industry (OTC Partners, Sol Steinberg)
- The (Re)Emergence of a Two-Tiered Market? When Dark Pools ‘Quote’ (Bloomberg Tradebook, Darren Marabello, Gary Stone and Ray Tierney) Mastering Execution 2 Comments
- A New Dawn for China – and the Global Investment Community (Thomson Reuters, David Craig) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Institutional Onboarding in a Regulatory Storm (Fenergo, Joe Dunphy) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
18 November 2014
- How Volcker Will Stir Up the CLO Market (MRV Associates, Mayra Rodriguez Valladares) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Life After the Commodities Boom (Markit, Spiros Giannaros) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Industry Volume Spikes to Highest Level in Three Years (TABB Group, Valerie Bogard)
- Synchronized Frequent Batch Auctions: A Rebuttal (PDQ Enterprises, LLC, D. Keith Ross) Mastering Execution 5 Comments
- Fixed Income Robot Wars & the Rise of the Machines (Global Markets Exchange Group (GMEX), Hirander Misra)
17 November 2014
- How Big Is Your TLAC? (Capital Markets Advisors, George Bollenbacher) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- SEC Alert: Closing the Gaping Cybersecurity Holes for Capital Markets (SS&C Technologies, Lisa McLaughlin) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Is Real-Time Execution Transparency ‘a Silly Exercise’? (PropelGrowth, Candyce Edelen) Mastering Execution 14 Comments
14 November 2014
- Improving the ROI in Banking IT (MUSI, Igor Hlivka) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight 2 Comments
- Price Making in Swaps and Sharpening Your Axe (Clarus Financial Technology, Amir Khwaja) Mastering Execution