Opinion & Analysis
27 February 2015 - Shagun Bali, TABB Group
Intensifying regulatory demands are forcing financial institutions to streamline application portfolios, standardize and normalize data more effectively, and ensure the rapid integration and sharing of data across systems. But many banks simply do not have the systems or control of data they need... Continue...
27 February 2015 - Marcus Padley, Marcus Today
A well-balanced portfolio isn’t going to get you far – not after fees, tax, inflation and the odd crash. For investors who want something a little more transformational, here are 10 tips that break from convention. Continue...
27 February 2015 - Theo Hildyard, Software AG
As recent scandals show, financial markets surveillance is more critical than ever. Market Surveillance 2.0 can enable the industry to anticipate and prevent anomalous behaviors before they have any impact on the market, helping firms leave the fines and prison sentences behind. It starts by conv... Continue...
26 February 2015 - Amir Khwaja, Clarus Financial Technology
Given that Historical Simulation margin is determined from 5-day price moves and SPAN margin from 1- or 2- day moves, we would expect that SPAN margin for interest rate futures is always lower than HistSim. But this is not always true for portfolios. Continue...
26 February 2015 - Ivy Schmerken, Independent
With rising volumes, trueEX is an encouraging example that start-ups are beginning to stir up competition among incumbent swap execution facilities. To keep the innovation flowing, the firm recently hired a new CIO from the equity exchange space. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
26 February 2015
- Addressing Analytics: Extracting Value from the New Data Currency (Intel, Mike Blalock)
25 February 2015
- US Options: Buy-Side Behavioral Responses to Shifting Liquidity (Bloomberg Tradebook, Bloomberg, Gary Stone, John Gardner) Mastering Execution
- Managed Services Are Rewriting the Trading Infrastructure Equation (Interactive Data 7ticks, Moshe Siegel)
- Saving the Investment Research Business Model (Analec, Analec, Indy Sarker, Michael Murray)
24 February 2015
- U.S. Treasury Futures: What’s in the Basket? (Trading Technologies, Bill Campbell) A QuantFORUM story
- SDRs: The SEC Weighs in on Swaps Reporting – Part 2 (Capital Markets Advisors, George Bollenbacher) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Corporate Bond Benchmarks: Third-Party Pricing Driving Transparency, Electronic Trading, and Dealer Business Transformation (TABB Group, TABB Group, Anthony J. Perrotta, Jr., Radi Khasawneh) Mastering Execution 1 Comment
23 February 2015
20 February 2015
- Finally, Volcker’s Intent Is Hacked and Leaked (Data Boiler Technologies, LLC, Kelvin To)
- New Tech Development: Coming to Grips With Non-Functional Requirements (The Realization Group, Mike O'Hara)
- TCA and the Theory of Everything (ITG, Michael Sparkes) Mastering Execution 1 Comment
19 February 2015
- The S&P at an All-Time High … and Going Higher? (EidoSearch, David Allen) A QuantFORUM story
- An Open Source Journey: Spot 10 Months Later – How Have We Done? (Spot Trading, Nigel Young)
- 3 Bitcoin Primers Every Investor Needs to Understand (Coinsetter, Jaron Lukasiewicz) 1 Comment
- Fixed Income Market Structure Debate Heats Up (OTC Partners, Sol Steinberg) Mastering Execution
- High-Speed Pinging: R.I.P.? (ldn-capital, Neil Crammond) Mastering Execution 7 Comments
18 February 2015
- Risk Data Aggregation: Do the Responses Stack Up? (Markit, Paul McPhater) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Best Execution – Does It Really Have to Be So Hard? (Software AG, Nigel Farmer) Mastering Execution 1 Comment