Opinion & Analysis
31 October 2014 - Jonathan Broch, SunGard
For private equity limited partners (LPs), timely access to accurate information on their portfolio is key to making wise, rapid investment decisions. With up-to-date data intelligence at their fingertips, LP portfolio managers can act with far greater agility on behalf of their stakeholders and ... Continue...
30 October 2014 - Amir Khwaja, Clarus Financial Technology
Margin requirements are higher in times of market stress and lower in calm markets. So what did the stress and volatility on Oct. 15 mean for cleared swap margin requirements? And do you know what margin calls you may have to meet in the event of market shocks? Continue...
30 October 2014 - Mark Davies, Avox
Transparency demands and efforts to mitigate risk have seeped into all areas of a firm’s operations. An essential lesson from the crisis is that clean data is absolutely critical to ensure the financial markets are underpinned by a robust infrastructure, and firms must take individual responsibil... Continue...
30 October 2014 - Scott Jordan, S. Jordan Associates
While peer-to-peer lending has been an unstoppable force among institutional investors, the private equity establishment is still assessing how to leverage online financing platforms to source/finance deal flow and raise capital. What factors will help equity crowdfunding follow in P2P’s footstep... Continue...
30 October 2014 - DailyFX Team Member
Talking Points: - US Annualized GDP (3QA) beat analyst estimates with a headline reading of 3.5%. - US Personal Consumption (3QA) falls just short of estimates at 1.8%. -EURUSD falls 1.2547 before rebounding. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
29 October 2014
- Pursued By a Bear: Implications of Banks Leaving the Traded Energy Markets (Sapient Global Markets, Ujjwal Deb, Rashed Haq and Lukasz Hassa) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- 8 Steps to Building a Data-Driven Enterprise (MUSI, Igor Hlivka) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Wall Street’s Hunger Games (ConvergEx Group, Nicholas Colas) A QuantFORUM story
- Swaps Market Participants Adapt as SEFs Race Toward Back-to-Back Record Monthly Volumes (TABB Group, Colby Jenkins) Mastering Execution
28 October 2014
- Cybersecurity: A Time for Collaboration (Nasdaq, Mark Graff) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Risk: The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same (OTC Partners, Sol Steinberg) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Growth Isn’t What It Used To Be: Larry Summers (CNBC Contributor, Ron Insana) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Pursuing DevOps ROI (TABB Group, Gabriel Lowy) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Major Event Risk Ahead for US Dollar - Levels to Watch- Oct.28,2014 (DailyFX Team Member)
27 October 2014
- Unseen Danger: What Might Go Wrong for CCPs? (Thomas Murray, Thomas Krantz) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- The Banks May Have Passed, but the ‘Stress Test’ Is Failing (Catalyst, Damon Batten) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Buy Side Ready to Embrace Mobile Trading – If Only the Sell Side Would Provide It (Caplin Systems Ltd, Patrick Myles)
- Small Window Opens for Euro Short Covering - Will Market Oblige? (DailyFX Team Member)
- Fair and Reasonable Pricing and Best Execution in Muni Land (Lumesis, Triangle Park , Gregg Bienstock, Ron Valinoti) Mastering Execution
- The Rubik’s Cube of Regulation in APAC (Capco, Alexander Chan) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
24 October 2014
- The Netflix of Alternatives: FNEX (Wolkoff Consulting Services, LLC, Neal Wolkoff) Mastering Execution 1 Comment
- Conflicting Data Requirements: Privacy vs. Transparency (Citihub Ltd, Dave Levy) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- HFT Controversy Reveals Technology Gaps on Wall Street (FSMLabs, Victor Yodaiken) Mastering Execution 9 Comments
23 October 2014
- Trading Behavior and the ‘Rank Effect’ (Capital Ideas , Dee Gill) A QuantFORUM story
- Energy Market Data Explosion Brings Opportunities, But at a Cost (TABB Group, Matt Simon)