Opinion & Analysis
23 July 2014 - Anthony J. Perrotta, Jr., TABB Group
The balancing act between financial stability and economic growth is a delicate matter. Has regulation and intervention into the financial markets gone too far? Continue...
23 July 2014 - Gregg Bienstock, Michael Craft, Lumesis, Lumesis, Inc.
What do the Federal Highway Trust Fund and corporate pensions have in common? And, when will the Fed raise interest rates? Continue...
23 July 2014 - Sol Steinberg, OTC Partners
As a result of the complexities of the OTC derivative market, regulators are facing significant challenges to their goal of reducing systemic risk by improving market transparency, and the market faces constrained liquidity, fragmentation, reporting difficulties, and higher capital requirements i... Continue...
23 July 2014 -
After the Financial Crisis, many individuals lost interest in traditional financial assets and channeled their attention toward investing in themselves. Americans are still investors, but increasingly it is in their own ideas rather than in companies in the form of stocks or bonds. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
22 July 2014
- Dodd-Frank: Title VII and Section 619, Four Years On (Capital Markets Advisors, George Bollenbacher) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 7 Comments
- Money Market Funds – What cost safety? (Fidessa, Matt Grinnell) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Dynamic Data Integration, Part 2: All That Glitters Is Not ‘Golden Copy’ (TABB Group, Gabriel Lowy) A QuantFORUM story
21 July 2014
- BCBS 239: Data First, Reporting After (Markit, Paul McPhater) A QuantFORUM story
- Dodd-Frank at 4: Derivatives Reform Is a Glass Half Full (MRV Associates, Mayra Rodriguez Valladares) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- The Seven Critical Qualities of Market Data Infrastructure (Thomson Reuters, Mike Powell) The Bionic Trading Desk 1 Comment
18 July 2014
- Understanding the Need for Data Loss Prevention (Aurora IT, Ralph Figueiredo) A QuantFORUM story
- Use of FPGAs in FX Trading (NanoSpeed, Sanjay Shah) A QuantFORUM story
- Crunch Time for Clearinghouses as Regulators and Participants Shift Focus (TABB Group, Radi Khasawneh) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- ATS Transparency: Raising the Standard (Bloomberg Tradebook, Gary Stone) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 3 Comments
17 July 2014
- What Is a Basis Point Worth? (Chelsea Global Advisors, Edward Talisse)
- Time Synchronization: Hang On a Second! (Fidessa, Anne Plested) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 2 Comments
- 5 Tech Trends Investment Managers Can’t Ignore (SimCorp, Anders Kirkeby) The Bionic Trading Desk
- If You Can’t Measure It, You Can’t Manage It: Measuring Errors, Capacity and Performance in Financial Application Stacks (Lucera, Jacob Loveless) A QuantFORUM story
16 July 2014
- Self-Directed IRAs, Meet Crowdfunding! (S. Jordan Associates, Scott Jordan)
- Unanswered Questions in the Volcker Rule (Capital Markets Advisors, George Bollenbacher) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Propeller Head Ubiquity, Part 4: The Multidimensional Alpha Era (TABB Group, Paul Rowady) A QuantFORUM story
15 July 2014
- Levin Calls for Immediate Elimination of Maker-Taker (TABB Group, Les Kovach) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 1 Comment
- Blocks, Dark Pools and Price Discovery: The Great Institutional Equities Trading Riddle (AQUA, Kevin Foley) The Bionic Trading Desk 6 Comments
- The Beginning of the End for Bundled Commissions? (TABB Group, Rebecca Healey) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis