Opinion & Analysis
Wielding the Power of the Order: How the Buy Side Can Regain Equal Footing in Equity Order Execution
4 December 2013 - D. Keith Ross, PDQ Enterprises, LLC
While technology has created increased value in the financial markets, it is unevenly realized across the spectrum of equity market participants. How can today’s institutional investors realize the benefits of the tremendous efficiencies that now define equity markets, and at the same time naviga... Continue...
4 December 2013 - George Bollenbacher, G. M. Bollenbacher & Co., Ltd.
With news this week that regulators will vote on the Volcker Rule on Dec. 10, market participants are anxious to learn how much revenue the rule will cut from their market-making operations. Here’s a breakdown of the current market-making exemption. Continue...
4 December 2013 - Mark Miller, TeleWare plc
Progress of US firms implementing Dodd-Frank Continue...
4 December 2013 - David Guerineau, Etrali Trading Solutions
Trust is a prominent pillar of business success in Japan, which dampens the appetite for rapid modernization. Business deals in Japan are won over time, no matter how good the technology is. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
3 December 2013
- What Do Obamacare and Dodd-Frank Have in Common? Technology Dysfunction (Financial InterGroup, Allan Grody) Mastering Risk 3 Comments
- HFT Arms Race Is a Problem, But a Tax Isn’t the Solution (Lucena Research, Tucker Balch) A QuantFORUM story
- Customer Alert – Are banks listening to their customers? (Capco, Nick Levy) 1 Comment
- The Reinvention of the CTO (Colt Technology Services, Hugh Cumberland) Innovations in Trading and Technology
2 December 2013
- Beyond FATCA: Future-Proofing for an Information-Rich World (eFront, Noreen Crowe) Mastering Risk
- The Secret to Generating Alpha from Big Data: Parallelization (TABB Group, Alexander Tabb) A QuantFORUM story
- Dark Pool Thresholds: Hitting the Bull’s-Eye (Fidessa, Christian Voigt) Mastering Risk
- Cloud 2.0: Maintaining Control When Data Wants to Be Free (Gravitas, Patrick Mullevey) Innovations in Trading and Technology
27 November 2013
- Talkin’ Baseball, and the Stat of the Week (Lumesis, Gregg Bienstock)
- Regulation With a Clap of Thunder and a Massive Hammer (Sungard, Marcus Cree) Mastering Risk 1 Comment
- Regulatory Demands Dictate Feature-Rich FPGAs for Execution (Fixnetix, Marcus Perrett) A QuantFORUM story 4 Comments
- Making Sure the European FTT Stays Finished (Updated) (TABB Group, Rebecca Healey) Redefining Enterprise-Wide Compliance 4 Comments
26 November 2013
- A CTO Explains How NOT to Measure Latency (Ashokan Advisors, Jennifer Costley) A QuantFORUM story 3 Comments
- Europe’s OTF to follow the US’s SEF? (Capco, Henner Bruner) Innovations in Trading and Technology
- 8 Things You Should Know About Current and Upcoming Regulations (Lasalletech, Jacob Northey) Mastering Risk
- Breaking Dawn: The New Reality for the Buy Side (Fidessa, Steve Grob) Innovations in Trading and Technology
- Peer-to-Peer Lending: Game-Changer or Business as Usual? (Capco, Simon Strong) Innovations in Trading and Technology
25 November 2013
- Integration Questions Are Biggest Barriers to Big Data, Cloud Innovation (TabbFORUM, Les Kovach) Innovations in Trading and Technology 2 Comments
- Institutional Investors Are New Sheriff in Town (Liquid Holdings Group, Branden Jones) A QuantFORUM story
- Did You Forget About the Volcker Rule? – Part 3: Liquidity and Underwriting Exemptions (G. M. Bollenbacher & Co., Ltd. , George Bollenbacher) Basis Risk: Calculating Hedge Effectiveness