Opinion & Analysis
20 April 2015 -
In the current market environment, more and more investment managers see alternative investments as an attractive opportunity for alpha generation. But alternative investments differ markedly from traditional investments in fixed income, equities, and derivatives – and this could challenge your o... Continue...
20 April 2015 - Mayra Rodriguez Valladares, MRV Associates
The industry can expect the Basel Committee to engage with three crucial issues as it analyzes the effects of Basel III rules: performing quantitative impact studies, standardizing banks’ risk models and strengthening banks’ operational risk requirements. Continue...
20 April 2015 - Radi Khasawneh, TABB Group
Market conditions and regulatory complexity have combined to make efficient management of collateral a critical component in a wider process of controlling trading and funding costs across the industry. Continue...
17 April 2015 - Haim Bodek, Stanislav Dolgopolov, Decimus Capital Markets, LLC, Decimus Capital Markets, LLC
The BATS proposal to no longer offer trading in thinly traded stocks that maintain a primary listing on other U.S. stock exchanges is a reasonable and concrete approach for addressing the persistent problem of fragmentation in illiquid names. There are no glaring conflicts of interest to be conce... Continue...
17 April 2015 - Bill Blythe, Gresham Computing
Many firms attempt to stretch their legacy post-trade technology to accommodate ever more complex instruments. But exchange-traded contracts are often complex and time-consuming to on-board, requiring firms to go through a shoehorning exercise using expensive extract and transform data technologi... Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
16 April 2015
- Could Liquidity Itself Shape Fair and Efficient Market Structure? (Bayes Capital Markets, Doug Sanzone) Mastering Execution 6 Comments
- Don’t Risk It: Demand More From Your Risk Technology (Percentile, Anthony Pereira) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- New Basel Head Sets Worthy Priorities (MRV Associates, Mayra Rodriguez Valladares) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- FCM Health Check: CFTC Residual Interest and Other Data (Clarus Financial Technology, Tod Skarecky) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
15 April 2015
- 7 Things You Wish You Had Known Before Making Your CRM Choice (Analec, Indy Sarker)
- How Can Buy-Side Institutions Measure Their Relative Trading Performance? (Bloomberg Tradebook, Kapil Phadnis) Mastering Execution 4 Comments
- Making the Case for Upgrading Sell-Side Client Connectivity (CameronTec, Michel Balter)
14 April 2015
- The Risk Battleground for 2015: A New Focus on Oversight and Aggregation (Broadridge, Gordon Russell) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Big Data Help Wanted (TABB Group, Paul Rowady) 1 Comment
13 April 2015
- Market Surveillance 2020: MAR the Game-Changer (TABB Group, Rebecca Healey) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- The Value of a Data Platform-as-a-Service (Tech-Tonics Advisors, Gabriel Lowy) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Today’s Multi-Asset OMS: More Myth Than Reality? (SunGard, Beau Alexander) Mastering Execution
10 April 2015
- Missing Piece of the Forex Puzzle: Historical Data (Deltix, Stuart Farr) Mastering Execution
- 7 Pillars of Market Surveillance 2.0 – Pillar #7: Dynamically Evolve Rules (Software AG, Theo Hildyard) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Wringing More ROI Out of Trading Strategies (Object Trading, Steve Woodyatt)
9 April 2015
- Creating Confidence in the Cloud (Intel, Mike Blalock) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Beware the Volcker Definition of Inventory (Natixis, Laurent Faucqueur) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- A Cooperative Approach to HFT and Market Integrity: Can We All Just Get Along? (University of Alaska Anchorage, Holly Bell) 7 Comments
- Why can exchanges exploit the markets? (evoi, Neil Crammond)
8 April 2015
- Fixing Wall Street: The Power of Positive Destruction (Liquidnet, Seth Merrin) 1 Comment