Opinion & Analysis
Zero Tolerance for FCM Customer Fund Violations: CFTC Notches Another Segregated Accounts Action on Technicalities
24 April 2014 - Eric Hess, Hess Legal Counsel
CFTC enforcement has been extremely focused on segregated accounts and secured funds issues … and not just those that involve fraud. There have now been 11 actions related to segregated accounts issues over the past two years that involve back-office operational or clerical errors. Continue...
24 April 2014 - John Harris, Ceylon LLC
Our markets are dysfunctional, but systematic traders and market makers are not the culprits. Rather, a monstrous web of rules and regulations makes our markets ever-more fragile. Continue...
24 April 2014 - DailyFX Team Member
By Gregory Marks with DailyFX 24 April 2014 10:00 GMT Talking Points: - Unwinding of commodity-backed loans, complex financing vehicles contribute to CNH selling. - Risks in the shadow present USD/CNH upside potential (Yuan weakness). - Property market developments are disconcerting in t... Continue...
24 April 2014 - Nicholas Colas, ConvergEx Group
A ConvergEx survey of its customers and partners reveals that professional investors and brokers do not think the equity market is fair for all participants. Further, 51% believe high-frequency trading is harmful. Continue...
23 April 2014 - Kevin Sun, CMCRC; University of South Australia
Greater pre-trade transparency and disclosure of the limit order book should provide traders with greater opportunities to seek alpha and regulators with insight into policymaking. Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
23 April 2014
- Regulators Must Co-Evolve With Technology and the Industry (KOR Group, Dave Lauer) The Great HFT Debate 1 Comment
- US New Home Sales Miss, Equities and USDJPY Under Pressure (DailyFX Team Member)
22 April 2014
- Psychology and Quantitative Finance: What’s Your Favorite Number? (ConvergEx Group, Nicholas Colas) A QuantFORUM story 1 Comment
- Canadian Retail Brokers’ Pain Is US Brokers’ Gain (TABB Group, G20 Research Group, Sayena Mostowfi, Lida Preyma)
- When It Comes to Clearing, Go Big or Go Home (OTC Partners, Sol Steinberg) Innovations in Trading and Technology 2 Comments
- Price & Time: FX Volatility - How Low Can It Go? (DailyFX Team Member)
21 April 2014
- Addressing Rapid Signal Decay and Non-Linear Returns of News Analytics (RavenPack, RavenPack) A QuantFORUM story
- Strength in Numbers: The Rise of Crowdfunding (TABB Group, Tabb Group, Larry Tabb, Deepali Nigam) Innovations in Trading and Technology 3 Comments
- Eliminating ‘Unfairness’: Creating a Protocol for Synchronized Periodic Trading (Market Data Authority , Chris Sparrow) The Great HFT Debate 11 Comments
- AUD/USD, EUR/USD Set for Late-April Pivots as Liquidity Returns (DailyFX Team Member)
18 April 2014
- Forex: Market Activity Set for Pickup on Heavy Event Risk Next Week (DailyFX Team Member)
17 April 2014
- Automated Tiering Improves Storage ROI (Tech.Tonics, Gabriel Lowy) A QuantFORUM story
- Trade Reporting in Canada – Ready or Not (Capital Markets Advisors, George Bollenbacher) Mastering Risk 3 Comments
- The Tradeoff Between Fairness and Liquidity Is an Old Story, Part 2 (Wunsch Auction Associates LLC, Steve Wunsch) The Great HFT Debate 5 Comments
- USD/CAD & GBP/CAD Clear Resistance Ahead of Canada CPI (DailyFX Team Member)
16 April 2014
- We've Seen This Before in Tech. What Happens Next? (EidoSearch, David Allen) A QuantFORUM story
- Southeastern’s Perspective on Market Structure and High-Frequency Trading (Southeastern Asset Management) The Great HFT Debate 1 Comment
- Education Is the Answer for Combating HFT and Finding Alpha in Equity Trading (Market Data Authority , Chris Sparrow) The Great HFT Debate 7 Comments
- AUD/USD, GBP/USD Still Ripe with Potential After UK Jobs, Chinese GDP (DailyFX Team Member)
- Improving Legacy Systems: Future-Proofing Back-Office IT Architecture (TABB Group, Robert Iati) Innovations in Trading and Technology