Opinion & Analysis
2 March 2015 -
The leaders of Wall Street institutions need to spend more time talking about how to best serve their customers and working to regain the trust of Main Street. If that doesn’t happen, further government intrusion will lead to unintended and undesirable consequences. Continue...
2 March 2015 - Nicholas Colas, ConvergEx Group
Would a major technology company consider buying a global automobile manufacturer? How they can avoid it? With both Google and Apple – and their substantial corporate ecosystems – clearly focused on the self-driving car, it is just a matter of time before you hear that any one of the world’s majo... Continue...
2 March 2015 - Larry Tabb, TABB Group
In an era of electronic market making, prices change so fast that a delay of just 2 milliseconds can mean the difference between executing an order at the appropriate price versus missing the trade. As an industry, to ensure that we are doing the best by our clients and our businesses, firms and ... Continue...
2 March 2015 - Bill Harts, Modern Markets Initiative
Investors shouldn’t accept market structure research at face value. Papers should be read and analyzed for ideas and conclusions while paying attention to the reputation of the authors and where they are published. Continue...
27 February 2015 - Shagun Bali, TABB Group
Intensifying regulatory demands are forcing financial institutions to streamline application portfolios, standardize and normalize data more effectively, and ensure the rapid integration and sharing of data across systems. But many banks simply do not have the systems or control of data they need... Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
27 February 2015
- The Ten Commandments of Investing Transformation (Marcus Today, Marcus Padley)
- The 7 Pillars of Market Surveillance 2.0 – Pillar #1: A Convergent Threat System (Software AG, Theo Hildyard) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
26 February 2015
- Can SPAN Margin for Futures Be Higher than HistSim Margin? (Clarus Financial Technology, Amir Khwaja)
- Start-Up SEF Taking the Fight to Incumbents (Independent, Ivy Schmerken)
- Addressing Analytics: Extracting Value from the New Data Currency (Intel, Mike Blalock)
25 February 2015
- US Options: Buy-Side Behavioral Responses to Shifting Liquidity (Bloomberg Tradebook, Bloomberg, Gary Stone, John Gardner) Mastering Execution
- Managed Services Are Rewriting the Trading Infrastructure Equation (Interactive Data 7ticks, Moshe Siegel)
- Saving the Investment Research Business Model (Analec, Analec, Indy Sarker, Michael Murray)
24 February 2015
- U.S. Treasury Futures: What’s in the Basket? (Trading Technologies, Bill Campbell) A QuantFORUM story
- SDRs: The SEC Weighs in on Swaps Reporting – Part 2 (Capital Markets Advisors, George Bollenbacher) Rebuilding Risk and Compliance for the Age of Oversight
- Corporate Bond Benchmarks: Third-Party Pricing Driving Transparency, Electronic Trading, and Dealer Business Transformation (TABB Group, TABB Group, Anthony J. Perrotta, Jr., Radi Khasawneh) Mastering Execution 1 Comment
23 February 2015
20 February 2015
- Finally, Volcker’s Intent Is Hacked and Leaked (Data Boiler Technologies, LLC, Kelvin To)
- New Tech Development: Coming to Grips With Non-Functional Requirements (The Realization Group, Mike O'Hara)
- TCA and the Theory of Everything (ITG, Michael Sparkes) Mastering Execution 1 Comment
19 February 2015
- The S&P at an All-Time High … and Going Higher? (EidoSearch, David Allen) A QuantFORUM story
- An Open Source Journey: Spot 10 Months Later – How Have We Done? (Spot Trading, Nigel Young)
- 3 Bitcoin Primers Every Investor Needs to Understand (Coinsetter, Jaron Lukasiewicz) 1 Comment