Opinion & Analysis
19 September 2014 - Alexander Tabb, TABB Group
As the markets have become increasingly complex, the traditional sell-side order management system has failed to keep pace. In order to meet the intensifying demands of buy-side clients and regulators, the sell side must invest in innovative OMS technology that can handle new products and geograp... Continue...
19 September 2014 - Anna Barbashova, Numerix
Word on the Street has it that margin requirements for uncleared swaps could be 40 percent to 45 percent higher than for cleared transactions. This has the industry once again thinking about the importance of collateral optimization and the most effective ways to manage the risk associated with it. Continue...
19 September 2014 - Christian Voigt, Fidessa
If ESMA’s current proposal for record-keeping makes it into the final Level 2 text of MiFID II, firms not only will have to store market data when the algo decides to act, but also when the algo makes the decision not to do anything. Continue...
19 September 2014 - Ralph Figueiredo, Aurora IT
Export Administration Regulations (EAR) is a set of US Government regulations that deals with the export and temporary import of items designed for commercial use, which could have military application (Dual Use). The sensitive information in an EAR context is usually defined as “Technical Data” ... Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
18 September 2014
- Responsible Investing Is Smart Investing in the Debt Capital Markets (Principles for Responsible Investment , Fiona Reynolds)
- BlackDog: A Dynamic Stock-Bond Allocation Strategy (Lucena Research, Tucker Balch) A QuantFORUM story
- The Technology and Infrastructure Challenges of Scottish Independence (Colt, Hugh Cumberland)
17 September 2014
16 September 2014
- Scotland Votes: The double edge of independence (Catalyst Development, Shareque Husain-Syed)
- BlackRock Calls for Equity Market Structure Reforms (TABB Group, Les Kovach) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- The Multi-Asset OMS: In Search of a Few Good Traders (SunGard, Beau Alexander) 2 Comments
15 September 2014
13 September 2014
- Has MiFID 2 Already Failed? (ldn-capital, Neil Crammond)
12 September 2014
- Tartan Panic Hits Eurozone: The Celtic Rebellion Spreads South from the UK to the Eurozone (TABB Group, Rebecca Healey)
- Determinism Is the New Latency (Metamako, Dave Snowdon) 1 Comment
- Can the Big Wall Street Banks Really Control the Market? (FIX Trading Community, Courtney McGuinn) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Shining a Light on Fixed Income Dark Matter (Bondcube, Paul Reynolds) 8 Comments
11 September 2014
- Combining Silicon Valley Technology With Wall Street Heuristics (DataFox Intelligence, Bastiaan Janmaat) A QuantFORUM story
- 7 Reasons the Tick Pilot Will Hurt Small-Cap Investors (Tradebot Systems, Dave Cummings) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 5 Comments
- Alibaba – Swipe Left or Right? Why IPOs Are Different From Everyday Market Dynamics (ConvergEx Group, Nicholas Colas)