Opinion & Analysis
29 August 2014 - Stephen Engdahl, GoldenSource Corporation
The integrity of the financial markets relies on how information is transmitted across multiple parties. As regulatory pressure for more transparency into the financial data supply chain intensifies, how the retail industry manages its supply chain could hold the key to tackling systemic risk and... Continue...
29 August 2014 - Barry Star, Wall Street Horizon
The scheduling of corporate events such as earnings release dates can point to significant, untapped sources of alpha, as firm-initiated revisions to expected earnings announcement dates are strong predictors of firms’ upcoming earnings news. Continue...
29 August 2014 - Marlon Weems, Hillcrest Strategies
As the regulatory and technological requirements to compete in the capital markets have multiplied, many small brokers have built revenue from payment for order flow into their business models. For many of these firms, there is no Plan B. Continue...
28 August 2014 - Kevin Foley, AQUA
The tick pilot proposal submitted to the SEC by the exchanges and FINRA expands the scope of the trade-at requirement in what looks to be an obvious attempt on the part of the exchanges to promote their own interests. Continue...
28 August 2014 - Ralph Figueiredo, Aurora IT
Why use disk encryption to encrypt laptops and desktops? Well, why not? There is much talk about security in the cloud and protecting data in transit. But what about data at rest? What would happen if your laptop was lost or stolen? Consider the information we keep on our hard drives: passwords, ... Continue...
Recent Opinion & Analysis
28 August 2014
- Garbage In, Garbage Out: The Role of Trading Strategy in Venue Analysis (ITG, Ian Domowitz) The Bionic Trading Desk
- Investing in the Everyday Excellence of Reconciliation Services (SunGard, Paul Clapis)
27 August 2014
- Is Test Group 3 of the Tick Size Pilot Program Being Set Up To Fail? (Themis Trading LLC, themis, Joe Saluzzi, Sal Arnuk) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 3 Comments
- US Investors Repatriating Assets (Markit, Simon Colvin)
- School for (Avoiding) Scandal (Software AG, Theo Hildyard) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 2 Comments
- Intraday Liquidity: Why Payment Operations Should Go with the Cash Flow: Part 2 (SunGard, Paul Clapis)
26 August 2014
- Tick Size Pilot Plan Finalized (TABB Group, Les Kovach) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Crowdfunding Is Going Viral (S. Jordan Associates, Scott Jordan)
- The Rise of the Asian Superbroker (Fidessa, Steve Grob) The Bionic Trading Desk
- Intraday Liquidity: Creating Competitive Advantages Through Cash Management Compliance: Part 1 (SunGard, Paul Clapis) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
25 August 2014
- Asset Shortage? A Closer Look at Flow Adjusted Float (Chelsea Global Advisors, Edward Talisse) A QuantFORUM story
- The ‘Separate Entity’ Question and Swaps Trading (Capital Markets Advisors, George Bollenbacher) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
22 August 2014
- Crime and Punishment: Is Regulatory Scrutiny in Financial Services a Deterrent? (Thomson Reuters, Phil Cotter) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Hidden Advantage: Routing Orders Using Undisclosed Trading Data (Trillium, Michael Friedman) The Bionic Trading Desk 1 Comment
- How Are the Fed, Yellen Doing? (ConvergEx Group, Nicholas Colas) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
21 August 2014
- Centralized IT Security Management through a “Single Pane of Glass” (Aurora IT, Ralph Figueiredo)
- Avoiding ‘Nuclear’ Fallout: An Alternative to Banning Research Funded From Commissions (Markit, Tom Conigliaro) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis 1 Comment
- LEIs Offer Hope, But Better Data Quality Needed (Tabb Group, Luther Zhao) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
20 August 2014
- EU FTT: Are You Ready? (Sapient Global Markets, Ajay Mathur) Market Surveillance 2.0: Beyond the Crisis
- Risk Data: No Matter the Regulation, Recourse to Taxpayers Is off the Table (Markit, Paul McPhater) A QuantFORUM story